Monday, January 30, 2012

Weekend

We had a fun weekend with my sister who came down from Maine to visit.  We went into the Big City (Boston) and brought Jacob to the Children's Museum.  He was fairly unimpressed with most of the exhibits, and boastingly, I can say it's because he's exposed to so much at home.  Bubbles, Water, Sand, Slides, Tools, Kitchen Stuff....it's all stuff I let him "help" me with here.  So using kid friendly tools or pouring sand was just not cutting it (no pun intended) for him. It was fun to get out of the house and on an adventure though.  I think our next visit will be to the "real" Science Museum.

Going into Boston is always a reality check for me.  I live out in Central Massachusetts, or "the boonies", as my friends refer to it as.  Many times I day dream about what it would be like to live closer to the city, and have more money to blow on stupid things.  As we stood behind 4 couples who were using 800 dollar strollers and their kids were decked out in Juicy Couture, I was struck with how happy I am in my little life.  I don't know that those couples are any happier in life because they have more money than me.  Or that the father wore a trendy corduroy jacket and nice watch.  As much as I don't want to and try not to, I can sometimes get caught up in the images people portray.

I am trying to make a lot of changes this year.  The most important is to live a healthy lifestyle and provide Jacob a good example.  That should include being less judgy.  It's going to be hard for me.  No lie, I am judge, jury and executioner most of the time. The only time I'm not is if someone else is playing my role.  Then I turn into a public defender and play devils advocate. I imagine I can be a frustrating person to live with/deal with sometimes.  In any case, I'm working on it.  I don't know how I came to be this way or why, but I can try to change how I react.

In other news, I have rediscovered my Wii and am a dancing fiend.  We played Just Dance all weekend long, and it was awesome.  I am pretty sure I found my "cross training" for days I don't run...Speaking of which, after today's run, I will have run 50 miles in one month.  I hope to hit a 75 mile month by the end of the fall if all goes according to plan.  We shall see.





Here we are in Boston after the museum.  Clearly I wasn't worried about image here.  Look at my terrible hair!!!! LOL.

No comments: