Rough night last night watching the Patriots lose. I adore Tom Brady, and really wanted to see him win another...I honestly shook through the entire game, and then kept waking up thinking of that final gorgeous throw into the end zone that no one caught. Every time I woke up, I thought just maybe Gronk had caught it this time. Sigh. I get too involved in things that really have no affect on my life!
I woke up this morning, so life does go on :) Not much exciting going on these days that I can talk about just yet. No, I'm not pregnant. But Mike does have a few things hopefully coming down the pipeline for him soon. He's worked so hard for so long, I really hope he gets to reap some benefits and get some recognition for it soon.
This New England weather has been anything BUT New England. I have to say that personally, I am quite grateful. I just want Spring to hurry up and get here so I will enjoy asking Jacob if he wants to go outside again. We have a couple cool bike paths I'd like to bring him to this year. He'll need a new bike (again), since as with everything else, he's outgrowing his old one already. He is in Boys size 5-6 clothes now, and wears a size 13 shoe. It's kind of crazy.
We are sending in his application for public preschool. It's a lottery process, so you have to number you choice preference- we have 5 full days, 3 full days, or 2 full days. Ideally, I would like the 3 full days, but Mike wants the 5. He wants me to be able to work a little more, ostensibly to take the pressure off him a bit...So I can't refuse. The thing is, if Jacob gets in a 5 day program, I REFUSE to not be home when he gets out of school. I won't have him at school all day and then in the care of someone else for me to come home and put him to bed. I have the luxury of knowing we don't need to do that for financial reasons, so theres no way I would let it happen. It's just not what I want. I don't know what that means for my current job. I suppose it's something we'll figure out in March, when the lottery gets drawn.
Enough rambling for today. Cat in the Hat is on, which is code for, snuggle time with Jacob!
2 comments:
Ahhh, preschool. I understand how Mike feels, but honestly, if you have lived mainly off his salary up till now, you can probably hang on until Jacob starts school full time. Having said that, the twins are in public preschool here and it's 5 days a week period. But it's only 3 hours a day. Best of luck on the lottery.
Yeah, we'd be fine- but I get his point. Really hoping we get our second choice, hehehehe. Of course, it's Mon/Wed/Fri for the 3 day, which would really screw with my work schedule...Ah well. Change, it is a coming. We'll make it through!
Post a Comment