Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Been Busy

Man, I fell off the updating wagon.  Seems like there is a lot to cover, so I will either blab on and on, or get overwhelmed and cut it short.

Last week we experienced crazy unseasonal weather- it was between 70 and 80 all week long.  It was AWESOME.  We played outside all day and had a total blast.  It reminded me of what a good mom I could be, lol.  I have no qualms with admitting the quality of my play returns once winter breaks.  I dislike snow, but I hate cold and wind even more.  It was so nice to go outside and want to run around and play pretend with Jacob.

So of course, we are back to "normal" this week- which means highs of 40-50 or so.  Pretty chilly after 80, no doubt- but we all know it's coming back.  I think by this weekend we are back to mid 50's, which is completely acceptable.

Oh yeah- my 5k went well.  I finished in the fastest time post- Jacob!  29:15, so my goal of breaking the 30 minute mark has been realized.  It was an "easy" course, so I am not sure if the rest of my 5k's this year will also be sub 30, but it was exciting nonetheless.  We stayed and watched the St. Patty's day parade, which was terrible, quite honestly!  Not nearly enough action, and the floats were a sight for sore eyes.  Ah well, we can cross that off our list.

Jacob won the lottery into 5 day, full day, public pre-school....Totally bittersweet.  I freaked out when I got the papers, "isn't he too little for 5 days of school?"  I cried plaintively to Mike.  I talked to his current daycare teachers, and they all think it will be great for him, and that he is going to love it.  My boss's children attended the same school 5 days and did great as well.  I plan on emailing the coordinator and asking if it's okay to keep him home on Fridays every now and then so we can still have a day together.  They even have school bus service!!! I am so sad, and really can't believe he's starting school. My little baby.

Speaking of little babies, Mike and I have one embryo left in storage.  So strange to say, even now.  It's 85 bucks a month...and we discussed discontinuing storage the other day.  A big first for us.  We didn't decide, but it's on the table.  It feels weird to be moving toward a breakup with infertility procedures.  I still struggle internally, particularly when I see beautiful pictures of larger families. It's just so much to take on, the biggest being the time mentally and physically it takes away from Jacob.  I told Mike I was pretty sure we'd have another child someday...but it would be a total surprise when I was 40, or something crazy like that.  I really feel strongly that something like that is going to happen- almost a certainty.

I can't get into my Mom update.  Too much for right now.  It's the same, and worse all at once.

Mike and I got a surprise day off tomorrow together.  Jacob will be at daycare, so we are going to head out and see The Hunger Games, and then sort our baby stuff and get ready for a mega yard sale that we need to have sometime VERY soon.  We also need to finalize some summer vacation plans, or we aren't going to have one.  Hard to believe how booked beaches are already.  I guess most people plan better than me!

Thats all for now.  Time to wake up the big man and see if his bed is dry- he's been about 70 percent dry since my last post.


No comments: