Friday, April 20, 2012

SPRING!!!

Yay! Spring is here!!! For reals this time.  We've got buds on the trees, and flowers on the ground.  I literally get tears of joy when buds pop in the spring.  I really think I get Seasonal Affective Disorder or something- I can't explain the light that seems to ignite again in me when Spring rolls around. It's kind of crazy.

Lets see.  We've been plugging along- Mike has been crazy busy with school and work, and I have been busy with my boxing and bootcamp class.  This weekend we are meeting up with some friends to help cut wood- (yes, in New England, every season is wood cutting season).  We have a bunch of projects here at home we need to get finished up too.  I've been putting stuff aside for the Yard Sale we desperately need to have ASAP.   We were drafting plans for a chicken coop, and were going to get 6 chickens, but then I looked into the town bylaws, and it's totally ridiculous the hoops you have to jump through in order to get them.  On 7 acres of land, no less.  Government and I...we don't see eye to eye on very many things...

My fitness classes are going well.  They are brutal at the time, but it feels so good after they are done.  I'm trying to do 2 runs a week, and 2 classes a week.  Last week was the first week of bootcamp, where we try to follow a relatively strict eating module.  I turned in my nutrition sheets for the week (we have to log everything we eat), and my trainer actually called me out in class, saying she had never seen anything like my sheet before. In a bad way, LOL.  I had sugar on there, and a piece of candy every day, and the occasional small coffee from Dunkin.  She is awesome, so was just giving me a hard time, but I got her point.  I told her I was a sugar FREAK, and if she had any idea how much I had cut back on sugar, she'd actually be proud of me.  In any case, I lost 5 pounds last week.  Which is awesome.  This week I have really been trying to not eat sugar, so we'll see how next Monday goes.  All in all, since I decided to eat healthier in January, I am down 18 pounds :)

Jacob has grown out of all his clothes again- right now I am buying size 6 boys, and just bought size 1 sandals for him to wear this summer.  He still currently fits a 13, but I know that's short lived.  Kid chews through shoes like it's nobody's business.  He was super excited about chickens...we haven't told him chances are good that we won't be getting any this year.  :(

Thats all for now.  Supposed to be 75 and sunny today, and I'm thinking of bringing him to Davis's Farmland, which is a big petting farm type place near here.  They have a bunch of babies now, and maybe he can get his chicken fix...

2 comments:

Inshockmom: A life of Revelation, Revolution and Reproduction said...

So proud of you Alicia! You are doing a great job!

Hey, if Jacob needs to hand down some clothes, I know a boy that has almost ZERO winter clothing...Just saying! LOL. We should see you in approximately 34 days!!

Musings of a Momma said...

oh my gosh, i can't believe it's so close!