Well, me and Jacob are flying solo again this weekend. Mike left to help his brother out this weekend- he severed a tendon in his thumb and shouldn't be doing any work in the garage, so Mike went up to try and get some of the work done for him. If I know Shaye at all though (and I do), he'll have his cast modified in some way shape or form, and be doing work right alongside Mike. Sigh. Those boys...honestly.
I have my first 5k this year on Sunday. My Dad is coming down from Maine, and I convinced Becky to join me as well, so it should be fun. I took a quick spin on the treadmill last night to see how my leg and hip were feeling and it's not that promising :( I know I'll be able to run it, but probably not my fastest time. Oh well. My mom will have to come with us as well, to watch Jacob, since my usual fan club (mike) is missing.
I am still sore from Tuesday's boxing class. Mostly my chest, shoulders, and abs. She had us doing some intense stuff, but it was really fun. They are running an Ultimate Body Challenge- basically a biggest loser contest that includes nutritional counseling and another class per week starting in April. I talked to Mike about it, and he's totally supportive of me doing it, so I am signing up next week before I chicken out. Pretty sure that means I am going to be crippled for the entire month of April, and my running is going to suffer, but I think in the long run (haha), it's what I need to be a better, healthier runner. The less weight I have pounding my joints, the better.
My favorite horse ever had her baby yesterday and he is gorgeous. I actually cried looking through the pictures. It's a pretty amazing thing, the hold this horse has on so many fans- horse racing fans, horse lovers, and even people who don't follow racing love Zenyatta. There is something beautiful about her, and her connections. If you've never watched her race before, might I suggest youtubing her races- she really was spectacular. In fact, here is the link for her 2009 Breeders Cup win against the boys. Her 2010 effort is actually more amazing, but she comes up a head short in that one because she was so, so , so far back early on. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud_XPH6Eix4 .
On a completely unrelated note, Jacob has started wetting the bed. It's really weird. He has been doing great for about 7 months, and suddenly, he is just not waking me up to go pee in the night, and lo and behold, he's wetting the bed. It's super awesome. I don't want to make him feel bad if he is legitly just sleeping through it, which I think he is. He already goes to the bathroom right before I tuck him in. I guess I need to cut his milk during story time down to almost nothing, since he currently only gets about 1/4 cup.
Thats all. I think I have droned on about completely inconsequential things for long enough! We are headed to a local beef farm this morning to pick up some farm fed burger and steak. That news story on the pink slime pushed me over the edge. We are lucky enough to have local resources, and we also have a butcher shop not too far from here, so it's time we start supporting them as well.
1 comment:
good luck tomorrow Alicia!!!
And I am hoping we find a good butcher and local farms in CT. I like buying straight from the source.
See you in a few months!!
Post a Comment