Got to come home early from work today. Not so good as far as my paycheck goes, but a chance to catch up on laundry and pull out dinner. I thought about going to get Jacob from school early, but it's a beautiful day and I am sure they are outside on the playground having a grand time, and if I went to get him it would just be a battle. I'd rather not spend my surprise 2 hours in a battle!
Girls Night Out this Saturday. We don't do anything crazy anymore, but we will go for dinner and close the place down. We just gab eat and drink. Of course, Mike will be gone until 4pm Saturday helping his friend Jim work on his house, so as soon as Mike gets home, I leave. I told him I didn't think it was fair that my "free" time always came at the end of the night when Jacob was sleeping anyways. C'est La Vie. We'll come up with something fun to do on Saturday hopefully. I'd like to paint his room, but I'm not certain that's a splendid idea with him in the house. His room is still the same color it was when he was a baby- yellow. We picked a neutral early on- but now that he's so big and such...well, a boy, really, it seems like it's time for something different. We'll probably go with a blue, but he's not opposed to green either.
Running is going pretty well. Been plagued with some nagging type injuries, but nothing serious. Hope to run my 5 mile loop this weekend sometime. Ordered new shoes, which is always exciting. First race of the year is in a couple weeks (March 11)- my Dad will be joining me again, so that will be fun. Letting that half marathon idea more and more into my head these days. I need to do some crosstraining to strengthen my body in other ways and have been thinking of boxing. I really think I would enjoy it. I just need to find a reasonably priced place to go. For some reason, boxing classes are super expensive! I've lost 7 pounds since the first of the year, and have about 15- 20 more to go to be where I think I could be pretty happy and maintain.
Trying to plan a summer vacation, and hoping to do our "annual" Florida visit sometime in April as well. Just don't see it all materializing the way I'd like it to. Not sure really what I want to plan for our summer vacation- was thinking White Mountains, OOB, Lake George....can't decide.
Nothing groundbreaking in this post. Just a quick update for now.
2 comments:
I like hearing your updates. Makes me feel less far away.
:)
Post a Comment