Well, it's almost here. For years I've been wondering- What will Christmas be like with a child? Now that we've been blessed with little Jacob, I will finally know. He will be 5 months old on Christmas Eve, so this year won't mean much to him...but to Mike and I, I know it's going to bring a tear (or two) to our eyes. I can't tell you how many times I've envisioned the three of us posing in front of the tree. How many times I walked by stockings and so badly wished I had to buy a new one.
So, now we have our picture, and we have our new stocking, complete with a monogram pin even! We even have a family of reindeer stocking holder set for the three of us now. Jacob could care less about all this, but I never allow myself to forget the feelings of emptiness we had the last 3 Christmas seasons. I hold everything I do for him so close to my heart because of it. Not a single day goes by that I don't look at him with amazement and awe.
We are so blessed...now I can't wait to hear the pitter patter of footy pajama feet running into our room exclaiming for us to get up because Santa Claus has come. There is so much to look forward to, so much to be thankful for, and so much I already look back in fondness about. It already seems like a year ago I held him in my arms the first time...
I've posted the message my nurse left for me last year when I found out I was pregnant with Jacob. I've kept it all this time to never ever forget the joy and elation I felt that day. It still brings tears to my eyes.
4 comments:
Ok that just gave me chills and now I'm tearing up. Not that you ever would forget hearing those words anyways it is still soooo awesome you have that to listen to forever. Ok going to go get a tissue.
I'm so glad I have it too. I think 20 years from now it will still make me cry.
Alicia - what a beautiful Christmas photo. You have an adorable family. That is so amazing that you have that message recorded from the fertility clinic telling you that you were pregnant.
OMG, it made ME cry. That is the sweetest thing!
Post a Comment