Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Wasting time

So, my boss is on vacation for a month. It must be nice, vacationing in Spain for a month. The hospital is left to run on limited hours and staff in her absence. Really, it makes for an interesting day, sitting at the computer for 12 hours, answering phones. "Oh, I'm sorry to hear Fluffy isn't feeling well" I say, " Would you like to bring Fluffy in tomorrow at 7pm? Thats our next available". Meanwhile, I sit here and twiddle my thumbs and post entries into my blog. It's good times. Yesterday my friend and I planned out her wedding. Did I mention she's not engaged yet? We did some quick mathematical calculations (because we are amazingly intelligent that way) and realized several things: 1) If her boyfriend were to propose to her this month, she'd probably plan her wedding for next August or September 2) If it takes me three more months to get pregnant, I will be due near her wedding date 3) As the matron of honor, I will most assuredly go into labor AT her wedding and ruin her entire life.

On the subject of getting preggo, I had a doctors appointment yesterday, and the nurse thought it would be a grand idea to tell me that in her ten years of experience, she's only encountered ONE other person who responds (or more aptly, doesn't respond) to fertility medications like me. Fabulous! My husband was super enthused with the idea that somehow, in all his magnificent manly glory, he managed to pick an anomaly in the conceiving department, and marry her*. Anyway, onward we trudge...I'm sure some little part of me will miss the nightly injections and biweekly blood draws and invasive ultrasounds if I ever do get pregnant.....


*He's actually been wonderful, I don't want to portray him as a meanie! :)

No comments: