Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Drivers Ed

Is it a common notion that you alone are the only person that knows how to drive? I've had an hour commute on one of the busiest highways in Massachusetts for almost 3 years now, and I'm pretty certain most people out there with me can't drive for shit. People here in MA need a lot of very specified events to come together in order for the commute to go smoothly. First, it can't be sunny out. Solar glare, ya know? I mean honestly people- get some sunglasses! This shouldn't be an occasion for random rapid deceleration. It's the sun, it's probably been around your whole life. Learn to deal. Second, it can't be raining...or snowing...or windy...or lightning. All of those things are scary to drivers. What we need for a pleasant commute is clouds, but no impending weather changes. It drives me batty.
People who don't follow the rules of the road are the worst though. I CANNOT stand when no-one knows what to do at a 4way stop sign. Yielding is also difficult- the whole alternating thing in traffic is too much for people to comprehend. Also, if you are driving on a street and want to turn onto the road that I am at a stopsign at...YOU have the right of way. YOU are driving, I am stopping.
Sheesh. Anyway- it appears that my ovaries may be starting to get the hint about growing now that I've been injecting myself for 3 months. We'll see what happens!!

No comments: