Monday, August 06, 2012

Four years!

Jacob had his 4th birthday on July 24.  At times, it's hard to imagine he's only been with us for 4 years, and at others, it feels like a blink of an eye.  It becomes harder and harder to remember life before him.  What on earth did we do all day?  I remember thinking we were busy, or had no time...and now I wonder how that was possible!  LOL.

We went to Becky's to do a joint party with the twins, who were turning one.  It was a whirlwind day- bounce house and pool time were the highlights.  Everyone was super generous, and he got some wonderful toys and books.

Summer is just trucking on, and before we know it, will be over.  We are headed to Philadelphia this weekend to visit with Aunt Judy at her bed and breakfast.  We'll be taking a train for the first time with Jacob, and I am super excited about it.  Not having to drive through New York is worth it in and of itself!

Jacob starts school on September 4th.  My work schedule looks lie it can't change, so 3 days out of the week he'll be going to before and after care in addition to school.  It makes me sad, and after doing the math, it is financially ridiculous as well.  I'll be bringing home a net of 150 bucks per month after all the charges.  Seriously.  So, it looks like I need to start the search for a new job.  If I am going to work, I need to work for a reason.






1 comment:

Inshockmom: A life of Revelation, Revolution and Reproduction said...

I just read both of the last blogs! So happy that you are keeping up with it! I enjoy reading it!!