I can't believe it's basically May. The warm weather that tempts us for a week at a time during February, then March and again in April is gone again. Had to cover all the plants- below freezing last night, and back down again tonight. Temps in the upper 50's, but windy, during the day. The saving grace is the sun actually feels warm now, so if you hold very still, behind a tree, it almost feels like spring again.
Mike has been crazy busy with school recently. His last day of class this semester is Tuesday, and I know he cannot wait to get it over with. I think he's going to take the summer off, and we are going to try and bang through some long standing projects we've had hanging over our heads for awhile. Summer is looking up, but I know it's going to fly by so fast. We have family moving closer, and Mike's best buddy just moved about 6 minutes from our house...and he has a pool! LOL.
Still totally loving my workout classes. My last weigh in was a bust. Somehow I managed to gain 1.8 pounds on a low carb diet. Super neat. I think that I was eating WAY too little, so I kind of shut myself down a bit. Thats what I am hoping for anyways. My next weigh in is on Monday- hopefully back down. It kind of sucks to be cutting so many things out of my diet that I love, and not get immediate gratification...The good news is that I saw an acquaintance today I haven't seen in a couple months, and the first thing she said was"Alicia, you look amazing, you lost so much weight!". Honestly, that is the first person to compliment me- and I'm almost 20 pounds down from the start of the year. Jesus, what's a girl gotta do to get compliments in this day and age?
Finally sent in Jacob's pre-k paperwork. Should be receiving some more info on orientation, and testing, and all that jazz sometime soon. Still cannot believe he'll be going to real school. Speaking of the little man, he was croupy again Monday morning around 2 am. If he hadn't stayed calm, I'm pretty sure I would have brought him to the ER again- but I think he's getting old hat at this. We went outside, which helped so much more than the shower, and I bundled him up in his bed and opened the window for him to sleep. As I was leaving his room he said "thanks for taking such good care of me, momma". Adorable. God, I love that kid!!
My mom is still here, and still wreaking havoc on Mike's brain. We are trying to sell her truck for her, so she doesn't have to pay so much for gas. She has one client a day that she does Home Health Aid for, but otherwise, nothing going on with a job. Me, Mike and my Dad are meeting this coming weekend to devise a plan of exit. My Dad has been pretty much supporting her while she's been here, so the burden on us is as little as possible. It's just a giant mess.
1 comment:
I'm sorry Alicia! That has to be such a chaotic mess to untangle from...is there a womens shelter/hand up type place she can live?
And Jacob. UNHHHH. So cute. I think he and Elijah could be quite the trouble makers together! Can't wait to see if I'm right!! LOL. See ya in less than a month!
Post a Comment