We were outside most of this weekend, enjoying the first warm temps of the season. As usual, Mother Nature had to go a bit overboard, and grace us with mid 80's from the mid 50's and no in between, but what else is new?
I thought it was going to be fantastic- I'd bring Jacob outside, and get gardening and yard work done- he'd get fresh air and a new environment. It wasn't that easy. The pack and play holds him for about 15 minutes. Then he wonders why he is confined when Mom and Dad are moving about the yard so easily. The giant blanket on the ground is an even worse option...Place child in middle of blanket with toy. Turn to begin raking. Watch child crawl as quickly as possible to end of blanket and eat grass with delight. Repeat process over, and over, and over again!! I suppose all that matters is that enjoys himself!
On to the subject matter of the post. I do apologize for the scatter brain nature of this story...I think I am still recovering from the 5k, but I'll post on that later. In any case, Luck. Mike and I were walking in the backyard Friday night with Jacob, plotting out where we would put the garden. We were just aimlessly meandering, chatting a bit about how far the backyard has come in recent years. I had Jacob on my hip, and noticed the patches of clover in front of us, and thought fondly of looking for 4 leaf clovers for hours on end when I was a little girl. I glanced down at the patch at my feet, giving it a cursory once over, and in that 2 second glance- there it was. A 4 leaf clover. Just like that. No searching, no frustration, no anticipation, nothing. Mike was amazed- I am not usually the "finder" in our relationship. I picked it, brought it in, and put it in Jacob's baby book.
I'm sure if I think about it, there is a lesson to be learned. I can see it in the periphery of my mind. Something along the lines of you find things the easiest when you aren't desperately looking for them, and then applying it to my life...But, alas, the 4 leaf clover picked the wrong person to teach this weekend. I'm on vacation from life lessons towards me for the time being...
1 comment:
Maybe, Jiminy, that lesson is in your metaphorical pocket to be learned later on. . .
Post a Comment