Wednesday, January 07, 2009

A Brand New Year

I am well intentioned. That much is true. However, once again I find myself slipping away in blogger world. I'll blame it on the holidays for now...we'll see what I come up with the next time it happens.

We've been traveling a lot recently. Mostly back and forth to Mike's parents in Vermont, which is just about a 3 hour ride. "The Mountain" as his parents house is referred to as, is usually a bustling site of activity. It's up on almost a mile long dirt road, and sits upon over 100 acres of wooded land. His parents moved there when Mike was just a baby, and raised 7 children, starting in a one bedroom home that they added onto themselves as the years went by. Much of Mikes childhood was spent working on the house with his older brother, twin brother and his Dad. Unfortunately, back in 2006, they had a chimney fire and the whole thing burned down. No-one was hurt, and they've since rebuilt a little log cabin with a basement, main level and a loft.

Most times when we visit, we can expect at least 10 people to be staying in the house. Last weekend there was over 15 guests. Since Jacob and I were both fighting back a cold, we opted to stay at Mike's sisters house and enjoy a quieter atmosphere. We both got to spend time with Melissa's daughters, who are so fantastic...and Jacob loved his cousins!!

Next week we'll be flying down to Florida to visit Mike's other sister who had twins on December 8th. It should be interesting and fun, although I don't imagine very relaxing!!! We love Jenny though, and cannot wait to meet her newest additions. Hopefully we'll be able to provide a little moral support and some much needed laughs. I can't even imagine what the first year with twins must be like!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a different note, I need to get my butt in gear and get back into shape. I want to feel pretty again!! I got on the treadmill today and walked for 25 minutes, but then Jacob woke from his nap...or so I thought. I got off and washed my face, and the little booger had fallen back asleep. Of course, I could have jumped right back on, but the moment had passed. My darling husband has offered to "help". He thought perhaps we could do 10 MINUTES of push-ups a night! LOL. I almost choked. I told him for sure- I would do one push up and then lie on the floor for 9 1/2 minutes complaining. Ah well. He is going off to bed, and I am chasing after him for some much needed snuggle time. He'll stay up and watch a movie, and I get to fall asleep while he rubs my back!!! yippeee!!!! :)

No comments: