Today is Jacob's first day of Kindergarten. I feel a little sad, but mostly overwhelmed by the fact that I am also caring for a newly turned 3 week old today. I am in that fugue like state- where you just keep doing the same thing over, and you really can't distinguish one day from the next. I know that if Jacob was still an only child, this day would be so monumentally different for me, as far as emotions go.
In any case, he got on the bus fine, and we'll see how it goes. His teacher seems like a good fit for him- time will tell.
Logan James was born on Aug 5. He is the 13th grandchild on the Perry side. Whopping number 2 for my parents. Jacob has been great with him, but a little more emotional and whiny with us, which I expected. Mike has been spending lots of time with Jacob, which leaves me with Logan. It can be kind of lonely, but it's what moms do, I know.
We ended up scheduling a C section the week prior after Dr. C hashed out my history with a perinatologist. The timing was terrible- Mike had shutdown, and of course, my birthday- but I was glad to NOT have to share my birthday! The surgery itself was okay- very strange- but the recovery was kind of crummy. I do not appreciate not being able to use my abs the day after I have a baby. Three weeks out, I am feeling so much better, and I think in the long run, I am going to be happy that we ended up doing the section. Logan was 8lbs 15 oz, delivered a week early, so if we had gone the distance, I think we would have run into the same issues we had with Jacob.
So far, he has been very similar to Jacob in the newborn stage. I am pretty sure he has reflux, and he is also very gassy. Breastfeeding was a bust again- even though I actually tried much harder this time. I am still allowing him to nurse at every other feeding, but his nutrition is primarily coming from formula at this point. I feel a little guilty, but my stress levels have plummeted since I moved to every other. I did not want to go down the post partum road that I did with Jacob.
I've dropped about 25 pounds, which leaves me with about 40 to get back to where I was at pre pregnancy! Eeeks. I plan on starting bootcamp in September, just to get back into the swing of things, but I am not sure how well the diet change is going to go at first. Food preparation is so key, and I don't know where I will find the time...
Mike starts back to school next week, so Wednesday nights are going to suck. I am going to ask my mom to come over and help with dinner routine, etc. He is already so spent and tired, I don't know how he is going to add one more thing to his plate. But he will. Four more years until he graduates. Ugh.
No comments:
Post a Comment